Paypal Working Capital Denied for #602?!

User602
Contributor
Contributor

"Our records show your business falls into an industry category that doesn't qualify for PayPal Working Capital"

Has anyone had this problem? I have paid off 2 successful WC loans and was excited to apply for a new one for my business. I was shocked I was denied (paid off the second, of the same amount, in half the time!) and every time I apply I get this message. I called and was told that I should try in another week, that perhaps my information needed updating in what category I do business in? But the last 2 loans were no problem at all?

Has anyone experienced this or know how to repair this issue?

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

hydn
Contributor
Contributor

same here. 3 succesful loans. Not sure was reference code 602 is when I can't reference it anywhere.

Login to Me Too

User602
Contributor
Contributor

I called. I am on a Premeire account, not a business. Maybe that is part of the problem with new updates. But when I called they said try again in a week because possibly my business was categorized wrong on their side. I can't find any info on  602 anywhere either. You and me is it.

Login to Me Too

hydn
Contributor
Contributor
How long after paying off loan was your attempt? Are you traveling outside US while applying?
Login to Me Too

User602
Contributor
Contributor

It was the next day, soon as it cleared. Just as the last one was. And it was in the US. I have tried several times and just get the 602 message.

Login to Me Too

hydn
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Tried the next day. But they did say allow 3 business days. Not sure of that's it. The last time I was denied it was because I has a couple hundred owned in the "paypal credit" program. I paid that off before the 6 month window and tried again and it worked. Strange.
Login to Me Too

User602
Contributor
Contributor

Let me know here if you get it to work/approve you. I am still getting the 602 message every day.

Login to Me Too

hydn
Contributor
Contributor
I will update. Do you have an outstanding paypal credit balance? Last time that's what blocked me.
Login to Me Too

User602
Contributor
Contributor

Nope. I also haven't have any disputes, returns, anything like that in years. I'm perplexxed.

Login to Me Too

hydn
Contributor
Contributor
"Nope" as in no paypal credit balance? They make more money from paypal credit than working capital esp if unpaid. So I think the system blocks loans with working capital if paypal credit has a balance because one could pay the other thus reducing potential 20% interest profits.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.