Pairing Chip and Swipe reader with iPhone 7

XPRfen
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased the Chip and Swipe reader (11/17).  The battery is charged (constant red light) but it will not synch with my iPhone 7.  The Bluetooth setting on my phone is on but it doesn't recognize the reader.  The reader's blue light flashes for about a minute and then the reader turns itself off.

Suggestions are welcome.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mhgross
Contributor
Contributor

@XPRfen wrote:

I recently purchased the Chip and Swipe reader (11/17).  The battery is charged (constant red light) but it will not synch with my iPhone 7.  The Bluetooth setting on my phone is on but it doesn't recognize the reader.  The reader's blue light flashes for about a minute and then the reader turns itself off.

Suggestions are welcome.

I am having a similar problem, although the blue light keeps flashing but does not connect to my iPhone 7+ or my iPad Mini, nor will either of them "recognize" the device in my Bluetooth settings.  I have tried ALL the suggested fixes but NONE work.  I'm very frustrated. 

Login to Me Too

PID2
Contributor
Contributor

Try rebooting your iphone, then go through the pairing process.  That worked for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.