Credit Card points?

laurenash07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi- a thought just came to my mind. I get pretty decent credit card reward points. If I pay with PayPal with that credit card linked... do I still receive my credit cards reward points? I would assume so since that card is still being charged, just through PayPal. But it made me stop and think. I can't find the answer anywhere on google. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MKK1
Contributor
Contributor

Did you receive an answer to this question?  I'm wondering the same thing.  What vendor category codes are they using for the charge?  Will they be distinguished by the individual charge or a general PayPal category?

Login to Me Too

laurenash07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi MMK1- I was able to find on my credit card reward statements that I AM getting points for my purchases with PayPal. Check with your credit card provider just to make sure! Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

MKK1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for the info.  After your post - I paid with my credit card and received my points as well.  I appreciate you letting me know so I could make my transaction and get the points.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.