Phone card reader does not read cards

Danys
Contributor
Contributor

My card reader does not have active the tab " Sweep card when ready" which means can not sweep cards and I have to input the card numbers instead.

And this happens since  the last Paypal application  upgrade on my Android phone. Any Solution??   

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ashley

Hi Danys,

Sorry to hear that there have been problems with the reader since the latest update. 😞

If you haven't tried this yet, you may want to uninstall and reinstall the app. Sometimes that helps.

There's also a newer reader that you may want to reach out to customer support to see about getting. The new reader has blue rings around the plug, not black or white.

I hope one of these solutions works!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

GotCorals
New Community Member

Hi My phone card reader is not working. HELP!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @GotCorals,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry that you're having some issues with your PayPal Here. 😞

Here is a quick checklist to help troubleshoot the issue

:

• If you are using iOS 7, make sure to update your microphone settings. Settings > Privacy > Microphone > PayPal Here > On.
  • Make sure the app recognizes the card reader.
  • Make sure you are connected via Wi-Fi or Data Plan and have a strong connection.
  • Make sure your phone is not in a case.
  • Make sure your volume is turned all the way up.
  • Make sure your Location Services is turned on.
  • Make sure your Bluetooth is turned off.
  • Make sure you have launched the app before inserting the card reader.
  • Make sure the card numbers are facing the PayPal logo when swiping.
  • Make sure the app is up to date.
  • Make sure you are in the U.S. The app will not work outside of the country.

If you still have troubles, you'll likely want to reach out to customer support. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.