Paypal Prepaid MasterCard keeps getting declined!

lydiaTay
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so i ordered my PayPal prepaid debit MasterCard through paypal a couple weeks ago, i activated it and successfully transferred funds from my PayPal account onto the card by using instant transfer. I attempted to use my card 3 times since I got it and each time it was declined (in-store and online ). I have more than enough money on the card so i don't understand why it's not working. What makes me even more frustrated is, within just a few hrs of transferring $20 from my account to my card , PayPal took out the $4.95 monthly fee. .. which is fine BUT the fact that they are charging me and taking their share while I cant get any use of it myself is just ridiculous. Has anyone else had this problem? Or know why this is happening? Also, i just tried to arrange direct deposit by linking my card as my bank I followed all the steps, got the correct routing # and account # ... but i keep getting an error message whenever i hit "link account". I got the routing & account number from paypal via text so i dont understand why its not working! Sorry for the long post. I emailed customer service so I'm hoping to hear back soon . If anyone can help me in the meantime please let me know. Thanks so much
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Chidoristick
New Community Member

You're not alone i put $70 on one of there cards and can't use it. like you said why take your cut if the card does't work called twice yesterday and today said it has something to do with the account. provided what they needed and still nothing. Way to treat your customers.

Login to Me Too

Scelfleah
New Community Member
Year 2016: Can I add funds to my Paypal account or Paypal prepaid card via direct deposit? Asking this question in year 2016 hoping this functionality has been added to Paypal. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello Scelfleah,

You question about direct deposit is a good one! Thanks for taking the time to post here in the Community! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, though.

If you have a PayPal Prepaid Card, you may use Direct Deposit to add funds to the card. You can learn more at https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/#. Scroll down almost to the bottom of the page and click FAQ. On the next page, scroll down to the section Using The Card - Adding Money and click on the links referencing Direct Deposit.

At this time, it's not possible to add funds to your PayPal account using direct deposit, but we're always working on new features and conveniences, so stay tuned!

Thanks again for your post and thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

- Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.