payments

claudia34
Contributor
Contributor
i had set up a personal and business account gave all my details and there were 2 pahments sent to my paypal that from 4 weeks ago still not recieved i only found out me requesting for payment has worked but people that sending me money from other country is concerning me now for i am worried i will not recieve this
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@claudia34

Are they sending you payments in sterling or their currency?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

claudia34
Contributor
Contributor
it will be in dollars she did say it will automatically transfer to sterling with paypal she sent it about half hour ago i checked both paypal accounts and nothing showing she said she did it with my email address
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@claudia34

She should have sent sterling as now you are going to have to pay currency conversion fees.

What you have to do now is go and click on this icon next to your balance (>), then select 'manage currencies' under the pop up box.

Select USD from the drop down list on the left as a 'receiving currency' and the funds 'should' show up.

Then you would have to go back to the same place but the right side of that page to convert it to sterling (and pay the conversion fees).

You should have insisted she paid in sterling which is very easy for her to do but unfortunately a lot of U.S buyers seem to think we want their dollars when we don't.    Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.