email says payment came in in December, but the money is not in my acct

blacktwig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, and thanks for any help!

I received an email noting that payment of 75.00 had been made to my paypal acct.  That was in December 2016.

I still cannot use that money, and it doesn't show up anywhere in the balance. It's now March 2017.

How can I find it?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blacktwig

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payment went in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction around that time and see if they were funded from your paypal balance payment rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@blacktwig

Log in to your PayPal account, and use this link - https://history.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history - to go to your PayPal History page... then click on the "All activity (with balance)" option. This will show your running PayPal account balance (in the right hand column) after each transaction and should make it easier for you to see what happened to your PayPal balance after you received the $75.00 payment.

Change the date range to cover whatever period is appropriate. Be sure you have the correct date range entered... this may take two tries because sometimes the selected date range reverts back to the previous setting. You can view all activity since you opened your PayPal account.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

blacktwig
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, Sandy. I went through the whole history and discovered that auctions I thought had been paid for directly from my bank account were sometimes funded from my PayPal balance, which accounts for most of the "missing" money. I still have a 12 dollar discrepancy but 12 is preferable to 75! I really appreciate your help!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blacktwig

Which is exactly what i said in my post !!!!

But your welcome anyway.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

blacktwig
Contributor
Contributor
I never saw your post, sorry if I offended you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.