What is the Brazilian international fee?

srod94
New Community Member

I am trying to receive some money from Brazil to help out a friend buy something here. I want to receive 14.14USD, how much should I ask for? Through Friends & Family of course. I can also do the math, just need to know what the fees are. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi srod94!

Great question - if you're receiving a Friends & Family payment from another country, the sender will have to pay a cross-border fee. This fee is applied after the total amount is chosen, so there shouldn't be any need to account for the difference. 

Are they sending the funds to you in USD? If not, the payment would be subject to a currency conversion after you receive it, which is based on the market at the time of the conversion. This changes daily, so I wouldn't be able to provide an exact percentage to the dollar. My apologies for any inconvenience. 

If you'd like to avoid this conversion, you can have the sender do the conversion on their end first to send you the funds in USD. You can find steps to complete this by going here.

I hope this helps, have a good rest of your day!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

sro94
New Community Member

Yes, this helped! Thank you for theresponse!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.