Verifying account

shaehanham
Contributor
Contributor
I have signed up for the account, to verify it asks to link my bank account which I do not have or apply for their credit card which I did. I have a received payment that is pending. Will my account still verify?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Simply receiving money does not "verify" an account.  Account verification requires both a bank account and credit card however, you can still receive money with an unverified account.   You may experience holds on your money from time to time which can be anywhere from 1 day up to 21 days.  And there are limits on withdrawing funds and sending funds - once you verify your account, those limits will be lifted.

Login to Me Too

shaehanham
Contributor
Contributor
It won't even let me accept the payment, it takes me to the verification page
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

As it's not possible to look as user info via the public community forum, you may want to contact customer service for help.

Login to Me Too

shaehanham
Contributor
Contributor
I've tried that, and it just has auto questions to click on. Thats why I came to the community forum to ask. How do you have an unverified account
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

An unverified account is one that does not have a bank account or credit card associated with it.

Benefits of having a "verified" account.
* Doing so allows you to withdraw more funds from your PayPal balance to your bank account.
* Creates a higher level of confidence that a person is who they say they are.
* Promotes a willingness to do business with you.

What to do:
You can verify your account by completing two out of three steps:
* Linking and confirming your bank account
* Verifying your credit or debit card information
* Providing your social security number.

Note, all we can do is suggest what someone needs to do - not everyone has a bank account or credit card - that in turn makes it a challenge to use this service. 

Login to Me Too

shaehanham
Contributor
Contributor
Do you know to decline the payment without your account being verified to refund it to the sender
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.