Security Check

JLAttar
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal account is verified.

Linked bank account that's verified/confirmed.

Confirmed my cell phone number

confirmed email

linked and confirmed my debit card

added social security number.  I have confirmed everything. 

Okay, so my problem started with trying to send a  payment. I wanted to Instant Transfer $350.00 from my bank to a friend's PPal account. When I tried to send it, PayPal didn't ask me what method I wanted, it selected my debit card for me. I selected "change payment method" and it still only listed my debit card. I went and made my preferred method to my bank, made no difference. I tried sending a smaller amount of $25.00 to see if it made a difference, but it didn't.  I tried to have the person send me a request, didn't help. I have tried everything. Now, it says I need to confirm my identity.

It gives me the option of a call or text. I select call me, and yes-my cell phone number is correct and I have confirmed it with paypal, it doesn't even attempt to call me, it instantly tells me it couldn't confirm its me. So I try to select text me, it immediately errors out again and says the same thing. It wont even call or text me. what is going on? 

I cant even use other methods now because of this security check. I want to know why PayPal tells me I need to do a security check but it doesn't even attempt it. Again, all my stuff is verified, paypal has sent me a code and I entered it to verify my phone when I set my account up. My phone number is entered correctly, I have a phone with Verizon. I don't see any reason why this is an issue. I have called PayPal and the reps only say to wait 24 hrs which I have and it still is an issue. Calling paypal has never helped me. I'm at a loss here....

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.