Question about New Policy Change - Buyer Must be Logged Into Account for Seller Protection

Ziggys-Mom
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone explain this to me? 

Updating the additional requirements for coverage of Unauthorized Transactions under our Seller Protection program, so that they require that the payment must have been made in connection with a transaction where the buyer logged into their PayPal account to complete the transaction, in order for sellers to be covered under the program.

How can a policy dictate that the seller is protected only when a buyer logs into their account? First, how is it possible to pay otherwise? Second, how can the seller have any influence over the way the buyer uses their account? Isn't it up to Paypal to ensure the buyer is using their account properly? Is it even worth using Paypal in a buyer/seller situation any longer? I'm extremely confused over this policy note.

If anybody has any information, please let me know!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jax26
Contributor
Contributor

At first I was excited to see their may be changes that will allow me to stay with PayPal, but I think not.  I had 3 unauthorized chargebacks in a 6-8 month period and have absolutely no recourse.  If my buyer pays from my website access, unless they are a PayPal customer, nothing is checked/confirmed.  No CVV, no address verification, no ANYTHING.  The "buttons" that I can place on my website have nothing to do with my own protection.

Login to Me Too

Ziggys-Mom
Contributor
Contributor

So you can accept Paypal without the buyer having an account? Is that a way to accept credit cards? Is there a way on Paypal to indicate you will only accept credit cards through Paypal if they have an account? There has to be that option if they're changing the rules, right? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.