Paypal Is declining payments >=(

dubbledee04
Contributor
Contributor

I won an auction on ebay for 0.11 awesome right!? When i try to pay for it i get a ----

Unfortunately, we can't process your payment. Here are your options:

• Check out with another PayPal method, like the one we're showing now.
  • Select a different payment option.

It isn't Ebay. All of my other orders go thru before and after this. I went to my paypal history and its saying payment declined like 20 times to this 1 person... Yes this person accepts Paypal. Infact thats ALL they accept.  Does paypal have some sort of minumum transaction requirement? like 0.11 just isn't worth messing with??? If i can't get this resolved i get an Ebay - dude failed to make payment whatchacall it   >=(    >=(

Thanks Familiy!!!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

may be there is a minimum payment.

think about it ,if you pay 0.11 to a seller,paypal will take 30 cents and 2.9% of 0.11,which will make the result -0.19319.

which means PAYpal is sending -0.19319 to the seller,?

does it make sense ? 

Login to Me Too

dubbledee04
Contributor
Contributor

Makes sense to me - i didn't even know paypal charged anything but i guess that should of been obvious. So yeah ill look into that theory, Thanks 😃

Login to Me Too

arman11
Contributor
Contributor
I called on the phone do not understand the language paypal password recovery How to reset my password
Login to Me Too

Rezzinya
Contributor
Contributor

I'm basically just writing this now because I'm **bleep** furious, I'm just fed up with PayPal  at this point.  I got my business debit MasterCard because I recently  started my own business and have been using my PayPal account  regularly, and making various sales,  a couple money transfers,  etc. for about few months now,  and all with relatively few issues.  Until now.  I've had a couple credit cards linked,  but now it's just my banks debit card, and last week I finally got around to adding but my checking account, waited for the deposits and then "confirmed" account. I've been added that as the back up funding source  to my  PayPal debit card,  and make sure I understood what they were saying about using the card, even with a zero balance in PayPal,  because it will   Automatically draw money from your back up source.  I even googled this back up source funding to make sure I had understood it correctly and seemingly I had.  Yesterday I made a large purchase using my PayPal balance and drained it down to the single Digits,  I added some more from my checking account but of course that will take days and days,  but I wasn't too worried about it . Then today had a bit of an  unexpected urgent situation where I absolutely needed  money and as it happens the only card I had as my PayPal debit my wife had the checking account debit but I figured it was no big deal since my back up source was all set. And needless to say all my transactions were declined. And it **bleep** me over pretty good. I was dumbfounded,  why has this not work ? I set out searching figuring it was most likely something I did wrong,  after hours finding nothing in the only explanations been well it could be this and could be that I was growing steadily more frustrated and upset,  and then finally I found it deep inside the PayPal site is an FAQ and somewhere in it it states  verbatim (but of course things don't mention this when you set up your back up source)- we're sorry your payment was declined for we can access funds from your confirm bank account you need to establish a history with PayPal and your bank a great way to establish and maintain history is to add funds to your PayPal balance from the bank account use linked to your PayPal account .  What the **bleep** .  What kind of nonsense policy is that ?  They tell you you can do something and you do it and you're counting on it and then you find out that no that's not how it works in fact there's no real way to know exactly how it works it just works when somebody at PayPal decides that they feel comfortable letting you have a back up funding source,  maybe that will happen next month or maybe next year or maybe you have to make 10,000 in sales before it happens who the **bleep** knows .   But I don't I'm not sticking around to find out .  I counted on PayPal working for me today because I made sure that I did everything according to their instructions but they seriously let me down and it **bleep** me over,  with all the other glitches and crap that I've dealt with that I considered trivial until now I'm just done with PayPal there are other alternatives now that work much better.  it's too bad that this company went in the **bleep** so completely.  So anyway that's my two cents, good luck all and I'll see you in **bleep** PayPal .

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I have the same problem,sometimes it works in store,sometimes it is declined and I have been with Paypal for 20 years,

many users are having the same problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.