Need help

Tonya3W
Contributor
Contributor
Is this Legitimate email Image result for PayPal seller's protection logo Dear, This is to inform you that we have received your payment of $1,100.00 USD from for a craiglist ITEM (Wedding Ring Set Description: one 14 karat gold ring, stamped "14k" & LOGO, containing APPROX.(57)+ USPS Overnight Delivery) purchased from you via online advert.The money has now been deducted from the buyer's account and is ready to be deposited into your PayPal account.It will be credited into your PayPal account as soon as we receive the shipment receipt scanned copy or tracking number from you.The shipment receipt scanned copy or tracking number is to be sent to PayPal online customer service on (Transaction_unit@cash4u
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tonya3W

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Personally there is NO WAY that i would sell an item that expensive using paypal, you are way too vulnerable, try your local auction house.

Delete the emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.