Error message

APIA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  

Our website is set up to receive credit card payments through paypal.  Once the customer submits the order form he will be taken through to the Paypal page to input his credit card details.  Since the 26th of September all of our customers encounter the error message that says "We are sorry, things don't appear to be working at the moment.  Please try again later" even though nothing has been changed at our end coding wise.  (Screenshot attached) - does anyone have any clue as to how we can start resolving this issue?

Thank you!
Sue Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 2.30.53 PM.png 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

NeilSteel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Maggie,

I work for JotForm and I know this is an old thread, but I would like to know if you're still having issues with your JotForm and PayPal account. If you don't mind, can you share to me the url of the form you're having problems with?

If you're not comfortable sharing it here, please feel free to open a thread in JotForm's Support Forum.  

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

TWRPinc
Contributor
Contributor

We started getting the exact same error message reported to us by our customers on or about 09/27/2016.  We are using Prestashop 1.6 and are a US based company.  It seems the error only happens for customers using a Canadian shipping/billing address.  This is the first we've had this problem as we have had many orders prior to Sept 2016 without issue.  Also we've made no changes to our stores or our PayPal account.  Very frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

TWRPinc
Contributor
Contributor

Well, we posted too soon.  Did a test this morning and the error is gone.  We had put in a ticket yesterday afternoon 09/28/2016, received no response as of yet, but it would seem that PayPal has fixed the issue whatever it was.

Login to Me Too

nettle-bay
Contributor
Contributor

I also got this error message today, Feb 4, 2017 on bandwagonhost.com (VPS servers). I continue to search.

Login to Me Too

namford
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem and just came across this helpful page posted by another person on a different thread.  Hope it helps! https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ2067

Login to Me Too

kh19
New Community Member

the problem is that your bank has blocked PayPal from being a payee for your credit card

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.