Catfishing

Help2010
New Community Member
My friend was just catfished by a guy who made a fake profile on FB, and has been pretending to be this person. He has talked to her for 2 months and acted like he “loved her” blah blah.. he convinced her to send him 2,000 on paypal... and 2 days later she figured out that he had stole someone else’s identity on FB and basically the whole guys life and info, except he used a new name. She did the issue a refund, and this guy is still pretending and trying to act he is this other guy, now he is verbally abusing her saying she needs to cancel the refund request! He doesn’t know that she found out he was catfishing her. He doesn’t know that she already contacted the guy who he was impersonating.. and this guy had the imposters fb page taken down. I truly hope PayPal can cancel this transaction and refund her money too her. She is a single mom with 2 kids and thought this guy who pretended to be Prince Charming was real. This is identity theft and extortion. PayPal should be helping people when this happens. This is crazy! Please stop the transaction and get her money back PayPal!!!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.