Can't use my PayPal Balance PayPal don't let me, only from Credit Card

macnux
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I already have a balance in my PayPal and when I try to purchase something or send money to anyone, paypal don't let me do that.

It opens Credit Card to pay for it and I have no balance in my CC.

How to use my PayPal balance? not CC.

Regards,

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@macnux

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

If that doesn't work then sometimes Paypal won't let you use funds in your Paypal balance unless you have a back up card linked to that Paypal account (with funds available).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

macnux
Contributor
Contributor

There are no update buttons at all

01.png

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@macnux

ok maybe you don't have that option in your country.

So are the funds in your paypal balance in the correct currency for the seller you are paying?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

macnux
Contributor
Contributor

No different currency.

I have Dollars in Paypal balance and the site in Euro

Login to Me Too

macnux
Contributor
Contributor

I tried also to pay for websites with dollars. The same problem. It forces me to pay form the CC instead and leave the Paypal balance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@macnux

Funds in your paypal balance have to be in the correct currency for the person you are paying.

You could try converting them by clicking on your balance > manage currencies under the pop up box > conversion option on the right (FEES APPLY).

Then you would need to go to the left side of that same page and mark the currency you are going to use as the 'primary currency' for that transaction (you can change it back afterwards).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

macnux
Contributor
Contributor

I tried it with a website that asks for USD exactly as my balance currency and still shows the CC instead of PayPal balance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@macnux

Yep but did you do as i advised and mark that currency as your primary one for that transaction?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

macnux
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, even if a friend sends a money request in dollars and I tried to send him the money in dollars too, it shows the CC and never shows PayPal at all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.