Adding a bank account that is not in the same country

anverv
Contributor
Contributor

Its been a long time since I last used paypal. In the mean while I changed country. I tried to add the UK bank details to my Greek paypal account but there seems to be a problem while veirfuying the account. Now I have some money in the Greek paypal account and I want to transfer them. How am I supposed to do it since I have not a confirmed bank? If I make a second account (which will be UK based), can I tranfer my money without transaction fee?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your Greek Paypal account can be linked to a US bank account if you are a US expatriate,but not a UK bank.

if you are in UK now,you should open a UK Paypal account with proper ID and link your UK bank to it.

then you can try sending your fund from your Greek Paypal account to your UK Paypal account.

Do some research on what kind of IDs is required to open  UK Paypal account,currency conversion fee and possibility the payment could be under review.

Login to Me Too

anverv
Contributor
Contributor

Your answer is very helpful. I hope my money will not be trapped in paypal....So the new paypal account should be under the same email or a different one?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.