Account Limitation

Asjad
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone 🙂

I visited USA  and did a workshop. I returned to my home country and was offered a freelance job from the workshop i attended. They asked me to setup a PayPal. I didn't know at the time that you have to be a US resident to set up a PayPal account. I visit the USA quite frequently and I thought I will setup an account and get paid minimally online and spend it when i visit the US again. I didn't return to the US after but my account was still active. Recently my brother (residing in the US) asked me if he can have my account if I am not using it anymore. I intended not to share it but actually give him my account for good. He made a transaction on walmart and the account got limitations to adding money. I know its stupid of me i should have just sent him the money. But if i am not using the account anymore and my brother is a US resident can he register it under his SSN and bank account? Even if the PayPal account is under my name? And most important, is that legal? I mean can you have any name on your Paypal other than your legal name?  Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asjad

A paypal account is in one persons name only (unless you are a registered business) and you can't pass your paypal account to another person.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asjad

A paypal account is in one persons name only (unless you are a registered business) and you can't pass your paypal account to another person.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Asjad
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Alright thanks, that's all i needed to know 🙂 I will let him know he can not register my account in his name 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.