Why does Paypal no longer ask for source of funding payment

John12345Z
Contributor
Contributor

I realize Paypal has become a huge source of fraud internally by accessing users' bank accounts without quthorization.

FOr this reason, I keep a very small amount of money in the bank account they know ablut.

In the past, whenever I wanted to pay for something using Paypal, I was aked to specify the source of funding. Because I do not trust Paypal, I would always choose a one time use credit card only authorized for the exact amount of the transaction.

Today, I tried to purchase something and was not asked where the money should come from. Instead Paypal is triying to debit my bank account. This is clearly another example of the fraud that Paypal engages in.

How do other users deal with this issue? Is there a way to force Paypal to explicitly ask, for every transaction, the source of funding for that transaction?

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@John12345Z

Not sure what you mean, I always select "change" everytime i pay and its always there to select a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

John12345Z
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure why they have changed their policy, other than their usual attempt to scam and defraud users, but I was definitely not offered the option to use a credit card.

In any case, they have not responded to my inquiry and probably will not do so until forced to.

Login to Me Too

John12345Z
Contributor
Contributor

As expected Paypal is ignoring this issue and trying one of their scams to steal money from my account.

Beware of Paypal - they are criminals.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.