Unauthorized Transactions on my account

Intrepid_US
Contributor
Contributor

I was playing a few games last night and then I went to sleep. I wake up this morning and find my computer on the runescape website and steam opened (before going to sleep I exited out of everything) (and I don't even play runescape), and then it says transaction completed. This worried me a little because I thought I might have gotten hacked, and I go to paypal which is the main thing I pay with and there is 2 Transactions for $319.00 USD and another 2 for $6.38 USD. Common sense made me report these charges as unauthorized. I checked my bank's website and I didn't see any pending transactions, but I kept looking into it (on paypal) and it said the payments were made on 9/26 and today is 9/27. So I thought to myself that's really weird, when I KNOW FOR A FACT, I did not buy anything. So if anyone can help me out with this, I would REALLY appreciate it. Also, would there be any way to return this money to me if it ends up being charged and paypal responds to me about this unauthorized transaction.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Susie
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Intrepid_US,

Thank you for reaching out to the community, sorry to hear about the unauthorized transactions.

It sounds like you may have already opened disputes. To allow us to research the situation and assist you, please reach out to PayPal customer service by phone, email, Twitter, or Facebook.

-Susie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.