Setting up regularly scheduled withdrawls

RobbyRob
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to set up a certain amount every month to be withdrawn from my Paypal into my Bank Account?  I saw something about "settlements" but there wasn't a dollar amount or date associated with anything.

thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In the past, PayPal offered a feature called "Auto Sweep".    This feature was as automatic withdrawal option to qualified Business and Premier accounts. This option was not available to Personal accounts. When enabled, any Paypal balance was automatically transferred to a designated checking account every night around midnight to 4:00 AM.

In order to get setup or find out if you qualify for Auto Sweep, you had to contact customer support.  Unfortunately not sure is this feature is still available.  Suggest that you follow-up with customer support to find out if Auto Sweep is still an option.   You can contact customer support via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

RobbyRob
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  I will look into those things.  I would think this should be much simpler and really just a simple option somewhere just like you have with your bank.  Is it me or is Paypal making this more difficult than it should be?

thanks again!

Login to Me Too

RobbyRob
Contributor
Contributor

I just wanted to add that I did send a message through facebook and received a call this morning from Paypal.  The option to withdraw a specific amount at regularly schedulred intervals does not exist.  What they will do is transfer your entire balance if you want every night if thats what you want.  But that's not what I want.  I just want to transfer a few hundred bucks on the 15th of every month to my bank account without having to think about it.  I can do that with my bank account but I can't do that with paypal.  I find that kind of weird and you would think it would be sort of a no-brainer option.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The one thing PayPal is not is a bank.  Interesting enough they have a feature called Balance Manager which allows you transfer funds from your bank account to your PayPal Account Balance on a regular basis - for example, if you wanted to always maintain a PayPal Account Balance of $50, you could do that.   They just don't offer the same feature in reverse.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.