Preferred Payment Method in Mobile App

nmyers19
New Community Member

Last night I was attempting to pay for some goods using PayPal and I wanted to use my PayPal credit account. 

1. I go into the app as instructed, open my tab, and notice that the preferred payment meathod is not PayPal Credit. 

2. I change my preference in the settings to make it the preferred payment method. 

3. Upon going back to the "Open Tab" screen. I notice the preferred payment method has not been updated.

(Tried to include screenshots but it wouldn't accept them. Why have an image uplad button if you can't upload images?)

I also noticed that when I went back into my preferences, the box that says "Use As Preferred" has now been unchecked.

Why is this happening? I called a representative at PayPal and they said that they made PayPal credit my preferred payment method but my app still doesn't reflect this change. I want to be sure, before I make a $1,000 purchase (no, I was not at the deli) that it pays using the payment method that I want it to because the purchase is not transferable to another method of payment after the puchase is made. 

I have already tried:

• Killing the app and restarting.
  • Signing out, killing the app and restarting.
  • Deleting the app, restarting and reinstalling. 

Anything else I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Have you contacted Tech Support?   (Unfortunally issues such as this cannot be resolved here.)

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/home

Note, you need to setup an account first, then you can submit and track your question.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.