Pre approved payments

Tomjer
Contributor
Contributor

how does the pre approve payments work ?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @Tomjer,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

Preapproved payments let you authorize a merchant to withdraw money from your PayPal account whenever you make a purchase on their website.

Are you having troubles with preapproved payments or are you looking to set up preapproved payments for your business?

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Tomjer
Contributor
Contributor
I would like to set one up cause I want to buy something from Apple store so this is to pay for the product little at at a time
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @Tomjer,

Thanks for clarifying. For this you would look for the option at checkout through the Apple Store's website! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Mejiae13
New Community Member

Hello. Yes I guess I already had Pre-approved payment without me knowing I did. Don't really know how it works but kind of got an idea when I had no money in bank and PayPal still payed for a monthly subscription I had thru Microsoft. But I'm still a bit confused. Would this be consider as credit still? If so then I'm able to purchase stuff thru my Microsoft and PayPal pay for it whether there's money or not. But then eventually PayPal will get there money when money is deposit thru bank right? 

@PayPal_Ashley wrote:

Hi @Tomjer,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

Preapproved payments let you authorize a merchant to withdraw money from your PayPal account whenever you make a purchase on their website.

Are you having troubles with preapproved payments or are you looking to set up preapproved payments for your business?

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @Mejiae13,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums! I'm happy to answer your questions!

When a preapproved payment is made to a merchant, we will bill the buyer or the subscriber just like any other PayPal payment. The buyer is expected to have the funds available on the payment method of their choice at the time of the purchase. If we are unable to debit your account, your billing agreement could potentially be terminated or your PayPal account may fall into a negative balance. 

I hope this helps to answer your question! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify for you! 

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.