Paypal debit and Paypal credit (bill me later)

MoldyChip
Contributor
Contributor

I want to purchase something off of Amazon and I have the Paypal debit card. Since Bill me Later has become paypal credit and I cannot apply to the Paypal Extras mastercard. Would using my Paypal debit to purchase something when my balance is 0 charge it to my Paypal credit line? The option isn't there on the debit as a backup and I was wondering if it would do it automatically or not at all. I haven't chosen a backup yet because of that. I know there was a topic about Bill me later but that was before they became Paypal credit.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi MoldyChip,

That is a great question!

If you have a zero dollar balance on your PayPal account and no back-up funding source set for your PayPal Debit MasterCard, then your payment would be declined. Although you can select (what was previously known as) Smart Connect or the PayPal Extras MasterCard as a back-up funding source for the PayPal Debit MasterCard, you cannot select Bill Me Later as a back-up funding source for you debit card.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

-Ashley PHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.