Paypal DoDirectPayment AND Pay by Paypal IPN issue

mallsop
Contributor
Contributor

So paypal is sending emails saying ipn transactions are failing, yet all transactions are working.

I have Paypal DoDirectPayment (for credit cards) AND Pay by Paypal IPN (for paypal accounts) in use. 

This is what I think is happening. 

If you have Paypal DoDirectPayment AND Pay by Paypal IPN, the DoDirectPayment will send to you IPN too, but mostly empty, to be ignored.

Or am I missing something?

Here is the email,  (real url not shown).

==start==

'We are contacting you in regard to your #nd email titled "PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning" which states:
>"Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:
>
>http://www.mywebsite.com/index.php/cart/ipn/
>
>If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account."
>

==end==

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mallsop
Contributor
Contributor

*Self Solved*

I found out later the error was 500 internal server error on my end.

The CC would post back to my ipn url and the PHP page I had created had an error. (No human sees the page).

I fixed the typo and the paypal transactions were not longer complaining (used to say retrying now says sent).

-Cheers.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

mallsop
Contributor
Contributor

*Self Solved*

The CC would post back to my ipn url and the PHP page I had created had an error. (No human sees the page).

I fixed the typo and the paypal transactions were not longer complaining (used to say retrying now says sent).

-Cheers.

Login to Me Too

TIGRAconnect
New Community Member

mallsop, thank you very much for posting your question and resolution.

I've encountered a similar problem and received the same email, but am not sure how to fix the issue.  What typo did you know to fix?  And which PHP page should I be looking for?  In my situation, would it happen to be this one?

http://transnationalaction.org/wp-content/plugins/donate-plus/paypal.php

Unfortunately, I don't know much about fixing server issues, so thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

@mallsop wrote:

*Self Solved*

-Cheers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.