PayPal overcharge fee

Icelltalk
New Community Member
Hi I have been overcharged on my paypal fees. The normal charge at the beginning should have been 2.9 percent plus .30 cents per transaction. Recently I tracked my sales history and I'm getting 3.3 percent For every transaction. I sell on eBay so Im sure I'm not supposed to get these charges. I know there is a higher percentage fee for international buyers but I rarely ever get these buyers so I know for sure I'm getting overcharged. Some fees I have calculated are almost 6 percent. I'm even merchant approved for 2.5 percent. What is going on? I better get reimbursed for all those overcharges.
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

technot
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, and I agree.  At least there is enough postings on this forum and many others to substantiate an apparent problem, to warrant an investigation into this matter.

Login to Me Too

dubaiman
Contributor
Contributor

You think that's bad I've been using PayPal for a long time  with ALL my purchases, until today, no more this nonsense.

I get usual small items from UK and they are about 20Euro, so after conversion is about $40, upon checkout PayPal want $54 that's half of original price, you joking.

I went and got it using Credit Card directly, PayPal done

Login to Me Too

technot
Contributor
Contributor

@dubaiman wrote:

You think that's bad I've been using PayPal for a long time  with ALL my purchases, until today, no more this nonsense.

I get usual small items from UK and they are about 20Euro, so after conversion is about $40, upon checkout PayPal want $54 that's half of original price, you joking.

I went and got it using Credit Card directly, PayPal done

Thank you for your information. It might be useful as I go forward with what I am doing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.