INSANE PAYPAL SAGA: Attempting to remove bank account from Paypal Wallet for SIX MONTHS~!

Bonacker
Contributor
Contributor

This is crazy-frustrating.

I've contacted Paypal several times about this problem, twice by phone.

I need to have an old checking account removed from my Paypal wallet, but I have been unable to because Paypal mistakenly thinks that there is "a transaction pending."  There is no transaction pending.

I've been trying to remove it from Paypal Wallet since January — yes, SIX MONTHS!

I check my Paypal account several times a week, trying to use the usual procedure to remove the account from Wallet. Yes, I've checked and re-checked my pre-approved payments and my payment sources. I've asked Paypal for help via emai land via phone. You know what the last customer service person said? They said to wait "a month or two" and then try again. Yup. That's what they said.

This checking account was closed by me in January. I've made every possible attempt to scrub all traces of this checking account from all my online retail sources . . . and there is no transaction pending, fer gawd's sake. But still Paypal will not allow me to remove it from my Wallet.

This has become a big problem for me, because if/when by accident this funding source is used by one of the online retailers I once linked it to  — and I've used zillions of online retailers since signing up for Paypal a million-zillion years ago, when Paypal was new — the bank automatically re-opens this checking account (!) and charges me fees.

Please, Paypal, can you actually READ THIS POST and HELP ME OUT?

Seriously. 
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.