I'm confused on the bank vs debit transaction process

endingline
Contributor
Contributor

i wanted to transfer money to my paypal account, and like always I got the notification that my money would be transfered in a few days. 

Soon after that I decided I wanted to renew my world of warcraft subscription so I went to pay by paypal, as I normally do with online things. Paypal made me add a card this time, i selected debit and typed the information for the card that's connected to the bank account that's connected to my paypal. 

The transaction was sent through and my subscription was updated, but no money has been taken from my bank account? I was lead to believe that the debit card purchases were instant. Is this incorrect? When will the money be taken from my account? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@endingline

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for your funds to process from your funding source.

As long as its marked as completed your seller has been paid.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

endingline
Contributor
Contributor
It will still withdraw from the correct bank account though, right? The one my PayPal is linked to and the debit card I used to pay? It won't be a separate bill I receive in the mail right?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@endingline

Paypal is an online money transfer service so why would they send you a bill in the post????

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.