How to change my default bank account?

temecula
Contributor
Contributor

I have more than one bank account on here and one is now closed but it will not let me remove or change the default and my auto payments to hulu and netflix keep getting rejected. This new paypal site sucks compared to the last version where you could easily view list of payment methods and switch the one you want to be primary, not on this one though. Anyone know how to change?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

I looked everywhere and could not find a place to change which bank account is primary.  If you click on the "Classic Site" link, you should then be able to make the changes.

~Sandy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Customer support can assist.  It's not something that can be done through the community forum.  You can contact them via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

I looked everywhere and could not find a place to change which bank account is primary.  If you click on the "Classic Site" link, you should then be able to make the changes.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

temecula
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!!! you were correct!! By switching to the classic site I was able to change my primary bank account!! You rock!

Login to Me Too

Doinkee
New Community Member
Where do I find Classic Site?
Login to Me Too

abvincita
Contributor
Contributor

Super late, but I guess I'll reply anyway to help people facing similar issues:

Yep, as far as I've tried I'm only able to change my primary bank account through the classic site.

Then how do I go to the classic site?

From your Paypal myaccount home page, click the 'Wallet' menu on the top navigation bar. In the Wallet page, click the 'Classic Site' link on the bottom left corner of the page. 

You will see the classic site with the tab 'My Money' selected, and you can see all your bank accounts and cards on the right. Click the 'update' link on the right side of the bank accounts / cards and there you can change the primary 🙂

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

swanie
New Community Member

thanks so much! i had look into this a few weeks ago and forgot about it and found your answer tonight. i was able to change my other account to make it primary. why do they make it so hard to just do that, i just don't get it. thanks!!!

Login to Me Too

abvincita
Contributor
Contributor

Update to my own answer from a year ago, as the previous method no longer works.

How to go to classic site now:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view?nav=0.6

Select the 'My Money' tab on the left, and you can see all your bank accounts and cards on the right 🙂

Better get that link bookmarked as I haven't managed to find a clickable link from the new site now. Kudos to DRLx2 for giving this link in another thread! 🙂

Login to Me Too

vikkisf
New Community Member

If you Google this topic, there is a PayPal Help answer that says you can set it in Wallet.  However, as of today's date, you cannot.  I spoke with a PayPal Customer Service Rep today, and here were her instructions -- which worked!

While logged in to your PayPal account, manually change the URL to:  www.paypal.com/bank account.  From there, I was able to choose my default payment method.

Login to Me Too

oremac
New Community Member

It's /bankaccount with no space: https//www.paypal.com/bankaccount

This should not be this hard... Come on PayPal update your interface already...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.