Help

Select
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, today I ran into a message on my notifications when I logged in into my PayPal account. It says "You've reached a limit for how much you can send, receive or transfer. See how to lift your limits." If I click on the message, it takes me to this page. http://prntscr.com/4nb49l . My PayPal is verified, I have my bank and debit card linked to it. I've sent, spent or transfered no more than $20 this month. If you guys know how to fix this, please lt me know. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

metroidsia
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue with me, redirects me to the page showing I'm verified yet I "reached my limit." I also tried changing my password just in case but it redirects me to the Summary page where it shows the reached limit notifcation yet again. Is this an internal issue with Paypal???

Login to Me Too

FlynnTaggart
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same message. It wants me to add the routing numbers for checking/savings, and i dont have a bank account 
(since i had to close it recently)  I already have a card linked.  This better be false.

Login to Me Too

trek
Contributor
Contributor

I also have recieved the message about limits.  Once I click on the limit link Paypal wants me to link a credit card that has been linked for years.  It states they will charge $1.95 then refund that when it is verified but to a Paypal account not my credirt card if I understand that correct. 

This is in addition to my all ready verified bank account.  Sounds like they have installed a new system and accounts lost the verification they once had.

Here is an interesting part about an hour before getting this notice I made a purchase for around  $12  that went through when it was using my bank account. Now however, one hour later when I changed it to use my credit card the system would not connect or let the payment go through and I get this notice.  It must have something to do with the new $500 a month limit listed in the notice.

Hope it is just a system problem they can fix.

Login to Me Too

mhowie
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. When I click on the Notification, however, it shows everything is in order and linked and there are no limits/etc. When I log out and log back in, the (apparently false) notification is again displayed.

Login to Me Too

OTAN
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing with my account, I've been a PayPal user since 2012 and I am verified. I get a message as soon as I log in to my account "You've rached a limit for how much you can send, receive, or transfer. See how to lift your limits." but when I click on the link it shows that my limits are lifted! I'm a verified user (as I said before) and my bank account is linked and cofirmed. I've never had this problem before, I just don't understand why this is happening and hopefully someone at PayPal gets to the bottom of this.

Login to Me Too

Kuroko560
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me today... This is insane I've been able to do my payments and such any other time so why is this crap happening now? t honestly better not get in the way of my buisness... v..v

Login to Me Too

DefunctGames
New Community Member

Like everybody else in this thread, I ran into the "limit reached' bug and worried that something was wrong. I continued to worry a full day later when the pop-up notification didn't go away. After calling Paypal, the woman on the phone seemed baffled by the problem and assured me that I am a verified user. But the message didn't go away.

Finally I decided to run an experiment. I wanted to make sure I hadn't actually run into some sort of limit, so I decided to add money from my checking account. I went with $1 and it seemed to work perfectly. Not only was I able to add the money, but it completely removed the notification. Even when I log out and then log back in, the notification has been completely removed. My account is 100% again.

Login to Me Too

Rampy
New Community Member

DefunctGames

thanks this also worked for me by adding $1.00 from checking account. 

Login to Me Too

Kuroko560
Contributor
Contributor

Okay guys and gals I just got off the phone with a rep and they confirmed that there is no limit on anyones account. They are just updating and that's just a bug that seems to be occuring but our accounts should be working as normal. :'D I'm a more relieved than I shoud be honestly as I was worried something happened but it's a false alarm guys and shoud be fixed soon.

Login to Me Too

trek
Contributor
Contributor

They may have said there is no limit but a purchase I was making and charging to my credit card would not go through and if you add up all my purchases for the month that total would put me over the 500 dollar range the limit states.

So they have a big problem if they think all is well!    Just lip service to calm the general population but something they need to fix or I will just end my account and find another safe way to do internet purchase payments.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.