HELP !!! In a pickle with negative blance and cant pay !!!

13Jaffy13
Contributor
Contributor

hi i am in a right pickle atm with a negative balance on my ex's paypal account. to cut the story short, i set up a paypal for my partner (now ex) and sold some stuff via facebook, that they then paid into her account. i then later went over seas due to work and asked her to send the items for me, and she never did. the money that was in the account was then spent and i own up i spent the money thinking everything was going to be okay (remember i did not know she never sent the items). now im getting phone calls non stop about a negative balance on her account that needs to be paid. i am more then happy to pay this back ASAP but im having trouble with adding my credit card to pay this off as the account is still in her name and im having a hard time changeing this as they are asking for proof for a name change. again im more then happy to do this if i had the papper work to (bills etc) to do this right now. can anyone tell me whats the best way to get this over and done with ? i want to claim this account back as mine as she did not use her account at all and was a waste of time setting it up for her, i want to claim it as mine, pay this balance off, and then close it as there is no point having 2 paypal accounts. can someone please help me here im driveing me up the wall and giveing me endless night sleeps 😞

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi 13Jaffy13

Call ppal direct I think they will take a payment over the phone

When u call dont select any options hold on until u speak to someone

Login to Me Too

13Jaffy13
Contributor
Contributor

even though, im no longer in a relationship with her or have contact with her anymore ?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

U are the one getting phone calls to repay ppal wont be interested in your relationship with her just the neg balance

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.