Buying

Danadpatter
New Community Member
I purchased tool off ebay so i thought i had to add money to my account so i did . Next day i noticed that i had paid it though my cc and i have a transfer of the same amount pending so guess question is do i need to add money to balance to buy or just let pull from card and not transfere balance ty
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Only sellers normally have funds in their paypal balance when a buyer pays them, then they can withdraw it to their bank account.

As a buyer you never need funds in your paypal account balance.

When you pay a seller paypal CREDITS the seller for you and then paypal will wait for your funds to transfer from your funding source to paypal.

This is so you get your item more quickly.

But its only instant if you pay via a debit or credit card OR via a bank account with a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

When you pay the bank account is always the default funding source (unless you have funds in your paypal account balance which will be used first),  but if you want to pay with a card you just click on change during the payment process and select a card instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.