paypal account limits

rob20
Contributor
Contributor

hi my account says it is limitted and it says i must complete certain steps befor agust 12th. what happens if i dont complete them by auguat 12th. does my account go back to normal?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rob20

If your actual account says it is limited and its not just an email telling you this then if you don't complete what paypal have asked for then your paypal account will be permanently limited.

But have you logged in normally to check that there is a limit on it?

Or have you just got an email to tell you that?

If its the latter are you sure its not a spoof?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rob20
Contributor
Contributor

hi thanks for the help. i didnt get any email it just tells me that when i log in and it says i have high activity in the past 30 days and that i must complete certain steps befor august 12th

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rob20

Then you need to do so or you may not be able to use your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello rob20,

I'm sorry to hear there's a situation with a limitation on your PayPal account and that you didn't receive an email notification when that happened. It's usually easy to take care of this kind of thing by logging on to your PayPal account and responding to any requests in the Resolution Center.

Kernowlass is right, however, and you may not be able to use your PayPal account at all if you don't respond before the deadline. In some situations, PayPal asks for information to better understand how an account is being used, and some (not necessarily all) account functions are restricted while that's going on.

If the requested information is not received before the deadline, PayPal's System will likely take steps to restrict all account functions until contact is made and the information is provided. This step is not necessarily permanent, however.

While it's better to address any requests right away, it will still be possible to respond and provide requested information after the deadline. However, you may find that none of the account functions work after the deadline, and it may take a little extra work to be able to submit information/documents through the Resolution Center. After the deadline, the Resolution Center might also be shut down and you would have to request to have it reactivated first.

I hope this information, as well as the information provided by kernowlass, is helpful. If you need more assistance, you can reach PayPal by phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of any page), or through Facebook or Twitter (@AskPayPal). Thanks in advance for your help in making PayPal as safe and secure as possible!

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.