Transferring US funds to US bank

lochside
Contributor
Contributor

For 10 years I have been transferring US funds to a US bank without problems suddenly the transfers will not go through why is this its frustrating I cant get money out of my paypal account and after 3 phone calls to paypal no satisfactory ans

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Earth2Spirit
New Community Member

PayPal has misplaced over $3000 of mine for almost a MONTH now! Same thing, Canadian account transferring US$ from PayPal to a US bank account. I have had FOUR transfers go missing! Not a word from PayPal on a KNOWN problem.

First call, told me wait longer even though it was already 6-7 business days.

Second call, it's your bank's fault. I had already fully checked with them. They've no record of any of the four transfers.

Third call, first real action. They put a trace on it (but the PP person only registered the first transfer, not all four that were lost). But in return I just get an email saying "we're working on it".

Fourth call, idiot first tells me to get a new bank account because it's their fault and they're clearly incompetent. Argument ensues. Then he 'gets it', kind of but says he's reviewed the case and says he can see they are initiating some kind of settlement — not true — but knows no other details. He puts a trace on the other 3 payments. Finally, I ask to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor tells me right away it's a known problem that they are working on - like a system bug. It affects all Canadian-based PP account holders who do US$ transfers to accounts based in the US. And I just have to wait!

Meanwhile, my business bank bounces four cheques on me, destroying trust with my suppliers. eBay strip-out all the other money in my PP and bank accounts with their monthly fees. So now I cannot buy anything at all. eBay and other customer orders are getting impossible for me to fulfill quickly because I cannot pay suppliers. $3,000+ is a lot of money to me. eBay will now come down on me for late deliveries and possibly lower my business rating and I might pick up negative feedback for being late with deliveries.
So PayPal, how about you refund/release our money so we can make a living?? This treatment is a total disgrace!! I'm sinking fast.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.