Got Scamed on grailed how do I get my money back?

kylerquigley
Contributor
Contributor
I recently bought a compact logo sweater from a seller named @sycosaull, for 102$ but what I soon realized was, he screen shooted all his pictures from another user named @sycosaul, I gave him a bad rating and he sent me; “why did you give me 1/5 feedback? i was just about to respond but now guess what? im taking yo money boonk gang whole lotta gang **bleep**” I’ve messaged @Grailedsupport (Twitter) And emailed them as well but no response. Can I get my money back?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kylerquigley

You have 180 days to file a dispute on paypal for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kylerquigley
Contributor
Contributor
How do I contact them and, what do I say. Because i clearly got scammed
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kylerquigley

Go and click on 'resolve a problem' lower left of your paypal summary page > open a dispute for whatever option applies (sounds like non receipt) > do not close it until you get your item or a refund > if you get the item and its not as described you can 'change' the dispute to one of 'not as described' but DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE > when you get the option you can escalate to a claim for paypal to sort if you don't get the item etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kylerquigley
Contributor
Contributor
Resolve a problem isn’t there, so I searched it up in google and I went to cases but there was only 2 options I could choose 1. “ I didn’t revive an item I purchased or the item I received was significantly not as described” 2. I want to report unauthorized activity
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kylerquigley

So what you want to do is file an unauthorised activity dispute.

So you want to tell paypal that your paypal account was hacked and used without your consent?  Really.

Well go ahead if you want to but if paypal find that you did authorise the transaction then your claim will be closed and you won't be able to open another dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kylerquigley
Contributor
Contributor
My account wasn’t hacked tho, I bought it then I figured out he Scamed me.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kylerquigley

Well you are the one that said you wanted to file an unauthorised dispute stating your paypal account was hacked.

I advised you to file for non receipt of item AND then if the item arrived and was not as described 'change' the dispute accordingly.

To be honest I am not sure why you left him bad feedback before he had the chance to send your item, he may have borrowed a photo from another user that matched his item which often happens, does not make him a scammer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kylerquigley
Contributor
Contributor
His user name was: sycosaull He used the exact same photos from : sycosaul, And the “scammer” is now banned from grailed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.