Bank account and Paypal linked

HaA75
Contributor
Contributor

How long does it take for payments to be removed from my bank account, after I have bought items online with my Paypal account? I'm new to online shopping and don't want to risk ruining a good thing like shopping from home 😛 lol.  It says payments received on Paypal from my account, but when I sign into my online banking, I don't see the money having been removed from my account.  Please help, as this is kind of confusing.  Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter 🙂

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HaA75

Yes paypal is confusing at times.

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer to paypal from your bank account.

This is so you get your item more quickly. The funds can leave your bank account up to a few days after you started the payment process.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HaA75
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much for your help in explaining how the process works. It seems to take up to 3 days for the money to be taken out of my bank account after I've purchased something online using PayPal. Knowing this makes it easier to balance and budget my purchases 😊. Appreciate your help in this matter, have a nice day/night.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HaA75

Your very welcome.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.