Unpaid case filed when eCheck is being cleared

supmyman7
Contributor
Contributor

I'll try to be as clear as possible. I won an auction. I pay for it using Paypal, the eCheck option. Unfortunately that'll take 10 days (is that normal?).

Payment was on March 21, same as the end of auction, eCheck is expected to clear on March 31-April 2nd. I got an email from both eBay and PayPal confirming.

Seller (not a store or corporation, just a person) contacts me (on March 24) saying they did not get any payment and there's no payment pending. I, of course, replied that eCheck payment IS in fact pending but they still open a case against me.

Payment is due March 28, the case says. Is there any way I can extend this deadline till the clearance date and/or save my butt on this? Am I in the wrong? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I called eBay customer support, they confirmed that payment is processing, and apparently when the case closes on March 28, I can do an appeal and everything will work out?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.