Paypal doesn't use my bank account

AndrewR1
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, for a couple of days I've been having issues with paypal. When i finish set up my account, I tried to make an purchase on a website (Greenman Gaming). It worked, but since then i have not been able to purchase anything. Everytime i tried to buy something it either says : 'Your recipient requires instant payments. To pay instantly, simply link a debit or credit card to your PayPal account.'
or completly skip the step that allow my to select what payment method i'm gonna use and says that i need to enter my debit or credit card. I want to use my bank account.

Note : I got all the money that i need for the purchase and also my bank account is Confirmed.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndrewR1

Paypal may ask you to add a back up debit or credit card to your paypal account when you buy some higher risk items.

You ''may'' still be able to use your bank account but they want that back up card linked as well to reduce risk to them of a failed transfer from your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndrewR1

Paypal may ask you to add a back up debit or credit card to your paypal account when you buy some higher risk items.

You ''may'' still be able to use your bank account but they want that back up card linked as well to reduce risk to them of a failed transfer from your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AndrewR1
Contributor
Contributor

I added my credit card to see if it would change something but no. Paypal doesn't put my bank account in my payment method on sites like Steam.

@kernowlass wrote:

@AndrewR1

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.