PayPal took money out of my account after I already sent them the money causing a NSF!!

SP1218
Contributor
Contributor

For security I use a separate account just for PayPal purchases.   Unfortunately I made a purchase and thought that I had sufficient funds in my bank account (as there was a delay in a prior transaction posting on my bank account).  I received a message on Nov 13 advising that there was insufficient funds in my account and that there was a negative balance on my PayPal account.  Understandably I had a NSF charge by my bank.    On the same day I received the email from PayPal advising of the negative balance,  I sent PayPal the money via the PayPal money transfer to clear the negative balance. 

Then on Nov 14 PayPal attempted to withdraw the same debit amount (even though I had already sent them the money and it was on hold with them for processing.   PayPal must have noticed that they MADE A MISTAKE as my account did not have a negative balance so they credited their withdrawal back to my bank account - HOWEVER I was hit with another $48 NSF charge and a $0.43 overdraft interest charge!!!!!  I realize it takes time for them to process the payment that I sent them however surely they have the technical capabilities and intelligence to check for pending credits before they take money out of someone's account.  PayPal, I am NOT IMPRESSED.  

PayPal should NOT have taken the money out of my account as I already sent it to them - they owe me the NSF charge and overdraft charge.... and an apology!!   I tried to contact PayPal using their Contact Us online ... but it kept asking for merchant info and transaction IDs... but the issue is them, no a merchant!  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SP1218
Contributor
Contributor

Okay .. I found the support email contact for PayPal.  Now I am waiting for them to reply!!  Again, I was not impressed to say the least!

Login to Me Too

SP1218
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal last week and explained that they tried to blame the bank for their mistake.  Very unprofessional.  After calling their service call center they said that they would review my case.  I don't know what there is to review.  They **bleep** up, took money out of my bank when they should not have and their mistake cost me $48.  Are they not able to comprehend simple things?  It has been almost a week and no response on their review.  I am so unimpressed with them.  Now I read in the press that PayPal has a class action pending against them for stealing money from their members by charging hidden fees for currency exchanges for purchses.  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/paypal-canada-class-action-fees-1.4429500  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.