Keeps asking for a credit or debit card

Lumo
New Community Member

I am on Upwork trying to add a billion method. I choose paypal. Then it takes me to a paypal login. I login and it asks me to add a debite or credit card. I already have a confirmed credit card on my account. I enter my credit card anyway and click "add" then it thinks for a while and asks again. What is going on? I don't get any error messages, it just keeps asking my to enter my card info and then when I click add, it just asks another time

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

LeMoNisa
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too. I was trying to add paypal account to my patreon, but once I'm done filling in the details, it keeps asking for credit/debit card to complete the purchase. It's annoying! Smiley Frustrated

I hope paypal resolve this problem as soon as they can. Seriously...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dustin

Hi LeMoNisa,

Sorry for any frustration. Have you contacted your card issuer? When situations like this happen, one of the main reasons is because the card issuer is declining the transaction.

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

LeMoNisa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, @PayPal_Dustin

Thank you so much for the fast reply. I already ask them but they couldn't find any problem on their end. I already linked my card to my paypal account and confirm it too. I even update it to make sure everything is correct.

Then I go to my Patreon page and on Payment Method, I click Add Paypal, click Log In and it took me to where I need to fill in information of my card. I did that and click Add. It process for a second but then it still shows me the fill in information page, with at the top saying:

• Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase.

There's no error. It just keep bringing me back to the page, with the same message above.

errorpaypal.JPG

Login to Me Too

Webion
Contributor
Contributor

Had similar issues a while back. I think it may be a problem with Paypal's Express Checkout

Check out the solution I posted in this thread and see if it helps:

/t5/About-Payments/Please-add-a-credit-or-Visa-Debit-card-to-complete-your-purchase/td-p/1223972

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.