In-Store Purchase and Home Depot

DavePitman
Contributor
Contributor

So, with Home Deopot's recent security breach, I am looking for a more secure way to make purchases there and at other brick and mortor retailers.  Naturally, I turn to PayPal.  

Looking at the instructions, I understand that to use my Paypal account for purchases, after setup (which I have done) I will enter my mobile phone number, and a pin (or paypal card with the pin).  I find this a little disheartening.  So, anyone with my phone number and pin can make a purchase on my behalf.  Wouldn't it make more sense to require communication with my phone instead of just entering the phone number? At least then a fraud would necessitate having my phone, and not just phone number.

Short of a good reason why this should not be the case, I guess I (and probably others) will have to look for something a little better, perhaps Apple Pay? That would be a shame for PayPal.

Here is hoping Paypal and Home Depot can step-up their game. I would be happy if I am wrong and am missing something.

PayPal...?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.