Different Charges appearing

freddyguy
Contributor
Contributor

I just won an ebay auction and, stupidly, I chose to use the PayPal option to pay for the item which is coming to me in Canada from the US.  When I reviewed the amount that PayPal charged my credit card I found that it is different from the total amount to be paid to the seller according to my receipt from the ebay purchase.  Why would this be the case?  Is there charges that PayPal adds to the transaction?  If so, why can't I find a breakdown of the transaction amounts anywhere???  The breakdown in the ebay transaction VERY clear and is broken down by Item Purchase Amount, Shipping and Import Charges.  Therefore, the amount being charged to my card should be the amount as indicated in the ebay purchase.  Not more!!

I'd like to know what is going on.  It seems that users can't contact PayPal directly but instead have to go through the "Communities" to get answers which, normally, you never get.

I'm afraid that this is THE LAST time that I'll EVER use PayPal.  I should never have trusted a 3rd party in the first place.  I feel kind of stupid evening admitting that I would use this outfit rather than just use my credit card for my purchases.

Thanks for nothing PayPal!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.