Problems transfering money from Upwork to PayPal account

zeljko94
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a problem transfering money from my Upwork account to PayPal.
I contacted Upwork support and this is what they told me:
"I have checked your account and see that your recent transaction was declined by PayPal. Unfortunately, payments to your country are not supported by PayPal at this time and you won’t be able to use PayPal for your withdrawals. The specific reason provided by PayPal is "3148 receiver's address is in a non-receivable country or a PayPal zero country." Please reach out to PayPal with any questions on this, including if you believe we received this message from PayPal in error."

I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and I have few friends who transfered money from Upwork to PayPal account without any problems.
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Do you have a bank account and credit card currently linked and confirmed to your PayPal account ??

(Don't know if you are aware of this but, you can even link a US bank account to your account.)

PayPal does prefer on users having verified accounts - this is usually done by linking both a bank account and a credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.