Paypal is doing weird things with my bank account.

Ashikaga
New Community Member

Hello all.

So I buy things on the bay. I calculate exactly how much I need and how much is in the bank so it should work.
I pay everything and as usual payments are pending.
Then PayPal starts debiting my bank account as usual per transaction and per transaction amount.
Now all of a sudden PayPal debits my bank account for a large amount of money two times No transaction numbers.
I have my bank take back the money since it is way more than the transactions I did.

One other large amount they also debited I leave because that is the exact amount of money for one item I bought so that should be okay.

Then my PayPal balance which was -103 euro gets to about -68 Euro which I top up by transferring via the instant transfer option.
Now my balance is 0.00 again.

Paypal also, while this was going on, cancelled three pending payments without notifying me and when I, after discussing things with the vendors repay them again via PayPal on ebay (Unpaid items and resent invoice) the payment status says completed while on some other items I bought it is still pending .  This while PayPal has already taken all transaction payments due out of my bank account, since I can check in my statements exactly what they did or did not receive and check those amounts with my ebay purchases including shipping.

What the heck is PayPal doing here ? Why does it take way more money out of my account than necessary for the articles I bought ?

Next thing they will probably get cranky that I had my bank take back those two large payments for which I never gave permission anyway nor were they on par with any of my ebay transactions in my buying list.

I had a problem like this once before, when I had my bank return funds they took from my  bank account  They then froze my account and I had to send my passport copy. Which is ridiculous because it is MY BANK which on MY ORDER got MY MONEY BACK. Hope that does not happen this time.

Anyone else had this problem ? It frustrates me a lot.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.