PAYMENT ON HOLD

happybusdriver
New Community Member

I sold a motorcycle this week on ebay. The buyer is from out of state and paid me by PayPal and the payment in in ON HOLD status. He's coming to pickup the motorcycle today but I won't see the money for 21 more days? I'm not sure I want to send this motorcycle down the road without actually having that money in my bank account. If he takes the motorcycle can he take back the payment from PayPal that's ON HOLD and the motorcycle and payment are both gone? What are my options?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, you can easily be scammed - as you're selling an item that cannot be shipped and tracked (it's a challenge to mail a motorcycle), allowing the buyer pick-up the bike in person voids your Seller Protecton and the buyer has voided his Buyer Protection as vehicles, including, but not limited to, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats are Ineligible items under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program.  The buyer can ride home, file an unauthorized transaction report and possibly get his money back.   Deals such as this are best handled local and for "cash". 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.