Not getting "payment notofication" emails

nagetech0618
Contributor
Contributor

Howdy everyone.

I am having an issue that just started today. Whenever we make a sale, we usually get the PayPal email notification letting me know of that, so that I can see what was ordered and do what I have to do to get the order out to them.

I just realized I had 17 orders, but not one notification email, which makes it a little bit harder for my business to operate.

Is this a known bug or problem? How can I go about fixing it?

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

hendy_eshop
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same issue also - 50+ payments missing on saturday and they are slowly coming through.

We download our ebay sales as a CSV and print out labels ready - however we relay on these IPN's to process all the order and not the csv - not an easy solution to solve this!

Paypal should be compensating us with better rates for a few months!

Login to Me Too

kenzo77
Contributor
Contributor

I almost open this topic.

Because i'm having this issue too.

I usually recieve 100-150 orders perday and thus with notification.

But today my email i got 0 notification.

This will kill my business. Please fix this ASAP! Its almost 12hours. 

Login to Me Too

paulatthehug
Contributor
Contributor

Since 18:11UTC+1 yesterday we've stopped receiving payment notification emails from Paypal. This has happened occasionally before but only for a few hours (presumably because Paypal's mail servers have go backed up for some reason) and eventually the emails do turn up but it's getting close to 24 hours now and it's never been that long.

Background info:

1. I've checked and the setting on our account does still say we should get notifications
  2. We are still getting emails from everyone except Paypal
  3. We aren't blocking Paypal's mail server IP address
  4. I've checked our mail logs and there's no trace of them being received (and dropped as spam)

We are still getting IPNs via HTTPS so it's not directly affecting our business. It's just unsettling. I have been keeping an eye on this forum but no one else is reporting similar problems so I'm bemused.

Any thoughts anyone? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

zazzy
Contributor
Contributor

I have not recieved any payment notifications since 10/14.

Only when I logged in to my account did I notice I had orders.

Login to Me Too

paulatthehug
Contributor
Contributor

That's part of the reason we rely on IPNs - they seem to be a lot more reliable. They're also hard, if not impossible, to fake if you handshake properly with Paypal to verify them on receipt.

Login to Me Too

Tricera-Shop
Contributor
Contributor

We also have stopped receiving our paypal payment  emails, on two different accounts, as of afternoon on 15/10/2016. On previous occassions they have been delayed, but not for this long.

Our ebay orders are largely unaffected, as ebay confirm purchases also, but our website orders rely on paypal emails to confirm and notify.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem?

Login to Me Too

pauliepaul
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't received any email payment notifications regarding ebay UK transactions since Saturday 15 October 15:17, until the one at today at 12:17, but that is the only one, and I have had several sales either side of it without notifications. I also haven't received notifications from our website sales either. Is there a problem with paypal ... again.

Login to Me Too

Tricera-Shop
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, it's definitely a problem at the Paypal end. We have two seperate accounts, and neither are receiving notifications of payments made, or use of our Paypal Access card.

Paypal have been working on their email system recently, as we have noticed a change to their standard email format, from the "Dear xxx, you have received..." to the new "You've Received New Funds" email formats.

They usually sort things out fairly quickly, but this problem has gone on longer than usual.

Hopefully, this will be sorted soon..?

Login to Me Too

pauliepaul
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for that, I figured it must be a paypal problem as it is affecting my ebay and website sales.

Incidentally, I think their new style notifications aren't very nice at all, the faded font colour is very difficult to read #justsaying

Hopefully, it will all be sorted out soon, hopefully ... fingers crossed ...

Login to Me Too

sapience
Contributor
Contributor

The new platform is completely messed up. Time consuming to navigate, constant glitches, all the important financial information is no longer available on one page, difficult to locate anything, AND it's very difficult to read.

THEY KNOW the new website is messed up but instead of scrapping it, reverting back to Classic, and starting from scratch to re-build they keep throwing bandaids onto the site. ALL this is doing is creating more problems and hasn't fixed any of the problems.

I certainly can't afford to lose money and NOW they've been f***ing with that as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.