Need help removing a linked bank account

GremlinRufus
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to remove a linked back account.  I have added another checking account to my account, but can't find any options to make that second account my primary.  In the meantime I am trying to remove the original account, but every time I try I get the message "We are not able to process your request. Please try again later."  I have removed and re-added the second account and that works just fine, but can't do it with the first.  There are no transactions pending, but I can't figure this out.  I tried doing it on the app and the message there was "Let's try that again.  Authorization is pending for the instrument."  Please help!  I am trying to cancel this account, but if paypal keeps trying to take money out I will be unable to do that.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

can you make it secondary

Login to Me Too

GremlinRufus
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to, but I don't see any options to be able to do so.  I tried to make my new account the primary one (click on "wallet", "select bank account you wish to make primary", as stated in the paypal help guide) but I don't see any options to be able to make accounts primary, secondary, etc.  Is there something I'm missing that would make these options appear?  Thanks for helping, I really appreciate it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.