My Wifesent me 317.00 dollars for her car payment

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor

Hello , My Wife sent me 317.00 dollars for her car payment, i received the money but paypal has put it on hold till June 3 so i tried to refund the payment but it wont let me do it, says i don't have enough in balance but i didn't get her money yet as it held, she contacted paypal to let them know it was from her to me and made a mistake on the order she sent it but now we cant pay bills we both contacted paypal together to confirm who sent and who received so money could get sent back to her so she can pay a bill or release it to me but we have had no way to resolve this issue. What do we do?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor
Holding a PayPal Balance

Money that you receive from other PayPal account holders is held as a balance in your PayPal account.  Any PayPal balance you hold represents an unsecured claim against PayPal and is not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).  PayPal combines your PayPal balance with the PayPal balances of other PayPal customers and invests those funds in liquid investments in accordance with state money transmitter laws.  PayPal owns the interest or other earnings on these investments.  These pooled amounts are held separate from PayPal’s corporate funds, and PayPal will neither use these funds for its operating expenses or any other corporate purposes nor will it voluntarily make these funds available to its creditors in the event of bankruptcy.

is this whats happening?  

Login to Me Too

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor

Track your shipmentNot ApplicableMay 13, 2017, Marked as shippedStatus: COMPLETED  thats what it says and its in my Completed also says money received review clear done completed.
They did place a 24 hour hold then the review cleared and completed.

Payment review

PayPal reviews certain potentially high-risk transactions.  If PayPal determines, in its sole discretion, that a transaction is high-risk, we place a hold on the payment and provide notice to you to delay shipping of the item.  PayPal will conduct a review and either clear or cancel the payment.  If the payment is cleared, PayPal will provide notice to you to ship the item.  Otherwise, PayPal will cancel the payment and the funds will be returned to the buyer, unless we are legally required to take other action.  All payments that clear this payment review will be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection coverage if they meet the PayPal Seller Protection requirements.  PayPal will provide notices to you by email and through your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I can see why Paypal withheld the fund,if it is from her Ebay sales and she sent it to you as soon as she receives it,what if she does not ship,what if item not as described,Paypal also get suspicious when members send money to each other.

In the future,find some backup source.

Login to Me Too
Solved

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor

That wasnt the case her money was held before this until everything was shipped feedback proof of delivery and 12 days of christmas with 35 dancing elves and lots of kittens with bells only red bells.  actually we called again and they set the money to release in a few days cause she was missing shiiping buttons etc on her account sale receipt, still gotta wait a few days but not three weeks thank goodness.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.