International payments

Staatzee99
New Community Member

Hello community,

I have a quick question regarding international billing. My business is based in the USA but I will be doing work for international clients. When I bill my clients an invoice does it matter which currecny I request it in? For instance, if I have a client in Australia and I bill them in USD can they pay it with an Australian CC and Paypal handles the exchange rates? Or do I need to bill them in AUD and then I have to convert it somehow from my paypal account back to my bank acocunt?

Thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal charges 3% for conversion,since you have a US based Paypal account,your local currency is US dollars,invoice them in US $ AND LEt them pay 3% conversion.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

BTW,if they file item not received,you would have to submit proof you have provided service and Paypal will reviwe and decide,since there is no online viewable tracking to prove you have delivered your end of the bargain.

For services rendered,it is not that easy to prove-massage,haircut,catering,photography,plumbing?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.