In regards to an account set up as an "ebay merchant"

_Em_
Contributor
Contributor

I've had my account for around 3 months now and I'm honestly quite confused. I've messaged customer support and not really received a true answer to my problem. I'm a big noob when it comes to understanding new forms of media, or anything regarding electronics and so forth. As a twitch broadcaster, I use my account in order to receive donations given from viewers. Unfortunately, my account is set up as an ebay seller, which means I have a 21-day wait on receiving my order and I don't have a "shipment tracking number" or any information on a "shipment" seeing as I just receive donations from people and I don't really sell or distribute items to people. If anyone has information on how to change the setup of my account or anything like so, I'd love to hear. I get that this probably makes me sound very ignorant, I've googled, asked friends, and not gotten a straightforward answer as to what I should do. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this and I hope you have any tips or advice that could help me with this issue.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I am not aware Paypal makes you declare yourself as  EBay merchant?

is this really an option when you open the account?

under goods and services,Paypal takes a cut and could hold onto your fund until buyer is satisfied,which means upload tracking showing it has been delivered and wait 3 days after tha,could be 7 days ,up to 21 days.

you are not selling anything so nothing to upload.

you are considered a high risk account as anyone who gives you money can come back and file item not received and get their money back,in 180 days.

consider other forms of payment if yo cant put up with it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.